|We have 9 guests and 2 members online
You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
|PRISMIQ's Official Linux UI Contest! (Win Cash!)
If you think you've got what it takes to create the best User Interface for the Linux Preview Edition of the PRISMIQ MediaServer, we've got something for you. One Thousand Bucks, a free MediaPlayer and more!
Head here to read the full description, rules, and technical details to get you rolling!
Published Oct 02, 2003 - 06:55 PM
|Display PowerPoint Slides on the MediaPlayer
There is a hidden feature in the MediaPlayer system that allows you to display PPT slides as images. It's a trick you do in MediaManager (the PC software) and your PowerPoint presentation shows up as individual JPEG slides in a slideshow named the PPT file name.
Here are the steps to do it:
1) At MediaManager, hold down the Shift key on your PC keyboard while right-mouse clicking on "All Audio" and choose "import."
2) On the ensuing pop-up screen, go to "Files of type" and select "PowerPoint Presentations (*.ppt)"...you won't see this selection if you don't hold down the shift key in step 1 above.
3) Choose a PPT presentation and select "Open" to close out the pop-up screen. A new slideshow will be produced in MediaManager in which every PPT slide will be an individual JPEG image within a new slideshow entered in the "All Images" section as the PPT file name.
5) Click "save" in MediaManager.
6) At the TV UI, you can view your presentation as if it were a slideshow of digital photos. Pretty cool.
Now, this is not a supported feature yet (hence why it is hidden) and there are problems (JPEGs don't always save in order that the slides are, can't view 100% of the JPEG slide images on the TV, etc), but I find it very useful and enjoy very much making presenations to friends and colleagues with it. I hope others like it too.
Published Sep 30, 2003 - 09:31 AM
|Release 3.2 Beta Program Full
Due to the PRISMIQ Community's enthusiastic response, our Beta Program is now full. The users who are part of the Beta Test program will be given more details about the program, such as download information, when we are ready to start testing.
Thanks for the interest, and we look forward to your feedback!
Published Sep 02, 2003 - 03:49 PM
|Announcing PRISMIQ’s 3.2 Beta Program!!
The next release of the PRISMIQ MediaPlayer software/firmware promises to be yet another big step forward in the features and capabilities of the PRISMIQ product. We here at PRISMIQ have been listening to the requests from the installed base and have responded with the most common requests. This is truly a user-driven software release and the release we are collectively most excited about since our very first release back in December of last year.
If you're interested please send an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the subject "PRISMIQ 3.2 Beta Test"
Published Aug 27, 2003 - 09:48 PM
|Control your MediaPlayer with a Philips Pronto Remote Control
One of our engineers has set up his Pronto (TSE2000) to control
the MediaPlayer. Every PRISMIQ remote control button is
defined and working on the Pronto. We thought we should share
this with forum readers since this device is fairly common
among Audio/Video enthusiasts. And everyone's looking to
reduce the number of remote controls on their coffee table.
Click Here to download the Pronto ccf file.
Published Jul 20, 2003 - 11:14 AM
|Updated Linux MediaServer Preview Available
A minor file ownership problem was discovered in the first release of the PRISMIQ MediaServer for Linux, version 3.1.1, and has been corrected in version 3.1.1a. You can download the new version here , or, if you have already installed version 3.1.1, do one of the following:
1) Execute mserver.sh as root
2) Change the ownership of one file:
chown root mserver_311/bin/mmserv
We apologize for the inconvenience!
Published Jul 09, 2003 - 02:15 PM
|Run the PRISMIQ MediaServer on a Linux Machine!
Due to the numerous requests for a Linux based server for the PRISMIQ MediaPlayer, we have released a Preview Release of the PRISMIQ MediaServer for Linux!
This release allows you to serve up media files to your MediaPlayer from a computer running Linux, as opposed to having to use a computer running Microsoft Windows.
Click here to read the article and download the software!
We welcome your feedback on this release at linux-preview@PRISMIQ.com.
Published Jul 08, 2003 - 06:28 PM
|Media Agent Documentation Available
A new document on controlling the PRISMIQ Media Agent software running on the MediaPlayer is now available in the MediaPlayer Section. It should be useful to anyone who wants to control magent remotely, for example to use the PRISMIQ MediaPlayer as a "blind" appliance controlled from a PC.
Note that to use this information one needs to modify /etc/magent.conf and change CFG_MAGENT_LOCAL to zero. WARNING: if you do this you are responsibile for blocking TCP port 2253 between the MediaPlayer and the Internet.
Also note that the media names are numeric, and need to be obtained from the media.map and/or media.xml files.
Published May 30, 2003 - 10:39 AM
|Release 3.0 ready to go!
PRISMIQ has released the 3.0 version of its software. Go to http://update.PRISMIQ.com to download 3.0. There are many new features and enhancements, including these:
* Internet Radio Support - Play your favorite Internet Radio Stations on the MediaPlayer
* New Web Browser - Faster, expanded browser functionality, easier to readand use. Try it, you'll love it!
* Support for New Media Formats - your MediaPlayer/MediaManager can now play MPEG-4, DivX, and WAV files.
* Clickable news stories - You can now select and read news stories fromthe Media Player home page.
* MediaManager will now automatically generate Playlists and slideshows according to your directory structure.
* MediaManager supports ID3, version 2 tags
* MediaManager will scan for M3U music lists
* Remote control can be used for Cell-phone-like letter entry
* More system information in the Setup category
* Many other enhancements and resolved issues in the MediaPlayer and MediaManager user interfaces.
Published May 19, 2003 - 05:26 PM
||· PRISMIQ's Official Linux UI Contest! (Win Cash!)
(Oct 02, 2003)
· Display PowerPoint Slides on the MediaPlayer
(Sep 30, 2003)
· Release 3.2 Beta Program Full
(Sep 02, 2003)
· Announcing PRISMIQ’s 3.2 Beta Program!!
(Aug 27, 2003)
· Control your MediaPlayer with a Philips Pronto Remote Control
(Jul 20, 2003)
· Updated Linux MediaServer Preview Available
(Jul 09, 2003)
· Run the PRISMIQ MediaServer on a Linux Machine!
(Jul 08, 2003)
· Control your MediaPlayer from your PocketPC/PDA!
(Jun 23, 2003)
· Media Agent Documentation Available
(May 30, 2003)
· Release 3.0 ready to go!
(May 19, 2003)